By using the console option in Euro Truck Simulator 2, you can use the free camera to take better screenshots, change the weather from raining to beautiful day, bring your truck to another city with a blink and much more other awesome things! There have been a lot of people asking me about this feature. And today I am giving it to you guys!
How to enable console in Euro Truck Simulator 2?
Just follow these simple steps to do that!
- Browse to Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/ folder.
- Double click on the file named config.cfg, then choose to open it with Notepad.
- Find these lines and change the number 0 to 1:
uset g_developer "0" uset g_console "0"
- Don’t delete any lines.
- After changing 0 to 1 in those line, Ctrl + S to save it.
How to use Console in Euro Truck Simulator 2?
To use the Console option in game, follow these steps:
- Open game.
- While you are in game, press the ~ button (under the ESC button) on your keyboard to open the console window, it will be like this:
- You can type all things there. Just press enter button to submit the command!
Note: After enabling the console option, you now can use the free camera feature in game. While you are in game, press 0 button to use the free camera, use the numbers on your Numpad to move the camera!
Here is a screenshot that I captured by using the free camera in game!
Here are some useful commands to use in Console in Euro Truck Simulator 2:
- Change weather: g_set_weather X n (n=1 or 0)
- Change city: goto cityname
Examples: goto berlin, goto manchester,…
- Set time: g_set_time XX (XX = time)
Examples: g_set_time 17, g_set_time 7,…
- Set simulation speed: wrap xx
Example: warp 1.5
- Show FPS: g_minicon 1 and g_fps 1
I hope with these useful experiences, you can test mods easier and take a lot of more better screenshots! Enjoy!Source