This Southern Regions map is based some where in southern Russia, exactly where is unknown. This is a small region from what I can see, but it is big in driving.
I am going to say that this map is a work in progress, I would like to see some more of the region added, but I would also like to see that the existing problems get fixed first.
Although the driving is a bit of a challenge, I did find some area’s of concern, I ran into stop lights that do not work, I ran into a speed camera that must be set below 20 KPH, because I got a fine there.
I also found some texture error’s in this map, more so when I was driving at night.
I drove this map on the Quick jobs list, I was able to drive a wide range of trucks, including my Kenworth T800. All the trucks drive just fine, all the trailers I pulled were also fine.
So as it stands, this will be a really nice may once it is done.
I will be willing to retest this map again, once the problems have been fixed.
I am going to recommend this map to any one that wants to try it. I will only recommend this map with CAUTION. I hope you all will enjoy it.
Note: The map doesn’t work without DLC “Scandinavia”. It is a standalone map, you need to create new profile in order to use it!
Changes in v6.5.5:
- Adapted to patch 1.30 of the game
- Added new cities, roads and signs.
- Added new textures.
- Improved AI Traffic.
- Fixed some bugs.
NOTE!!! If You have no DLC “Vive la France”, download and install the fix. But REMEMBER, this fix does not provide you to access the territories of France from the Supplement, it only gives the opportunity to play with modifications to require this addition. The location of the fix in the list of active modifications does not matter.
Changes in v6.6: This is the big updates which contains various of new features. The key changes here are new and updated cities and roads, support to run the game in DirectX and OpenGL. In details, here is the list of changes:
- Adaptation and technical improvements for game patch 1.30, support for DirectX and OpenGL, improved performence
- About the map: the author has added and reworked new locations, roads, new forest roads, …. Reworked a lot of roads with the use of new assets with asphalt HD, Russian road markings. Added and changed some fork in the road, they are shown to their real world counterparts. Improved such settlements as Tuapse, Krasnodar, Timashevsk, Novorossiysk, Adler, etc… Blocking a dead-end road crosses and arrows replaced and many other cosmetic changes
- About the AI Traffic: More agricultural vehicles on the road, passing farm lands. Improved rail traffic: trains changed the physics, added a horn and a whistle for locomotives, shunting trains added, increased the diversity of locomotives and cars, reduced frequency of trains. Revised the density of traffic on all local roads
- Compatibility: Card 2.25 ProMods, RusMap map 1.7.5, paki traffic from Jazzycat. Compatibility with other cards not tested.
Compatibility: ETS2 1.30.x
Review: Lone Wolf
How to install mod for ETS 2:
- Download this mod.
- Extract it!
- Paste the .scs file(s) into your My Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod folder.
- Run game ~> Edit profile ~> Enable mod.
Download Southern Region Map for ETS 2: