As I said in a post that, today, March 4 2014, version 1.9 of Euro Truck Simulator 2 has been released after a lot of fine-tuning steps.
ETS2 v1.9 Features:
- Brand new traffic car AI system;
- Improved compatibility with semi-broken prefabs used in mods;
- Early support for Oculus Rift and gamepad-controlled mouse cursor;
- Improved maneuverability, touches to suspension and collision physics (more work planned still);
- Improved handling of automatic gearbox (more gears, interaction with cruise control);
- Improved error handling in radio playback.
- Map improvements.
- Iveco Hi-way improvements (dashboard computer, shadows);
- Volvo FH16 improvements (interior, wipers, shadows);
- Paintjobs are properly applied on add-ons in interior views;
- Scania Streamline improvements (model, textures, paint jobs, new parts and accessories) – you may need visit truck dealer and re-purchase some parts;
- V8 engine sounds for Scania R and Scania Streamline.
SCS’s developers have spent a lot of time in ETS2 closed beta testing to make sure that It’s solid now! If you are playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 on Steam, you can see that today we have an big update (~400MB), that’s the 1.9 beta version! Let’s test this version together for the final check!
The 1.9 update is one of the largest patches we have ever worked on, hence the long time to wrap it up. Work on the new vehicle AI code has actually started even before ETS2 was released, some year and a half ago, but we gave it all the time it needed to mature. It replaces the entire traffic AI code with a new system. Its far more flexible, and it is paving the way for yet more improvements in the future (country-specific behavior of traffic lights is a much needed planned feature for the future for example). – From SCS Blog.
Details of ETS2 v1.9:
How to update ETS2 to v1.9:
- Open Steam, go to your Library.
- Right click ~> Properties.
- Go to Beta Tab, choose the public beta option in the drop down menu:
- You’ve done!
If you can find any bugs in this version, please feedback at: http://forum.scssoft.com/viewforum.php?f=143